Monday, July 5, 2010

An Attitude of Gratitude


An attitude of gratitude is essential to well-being. Most people would agree to that, but it's doubtful that many adhere to a daily practice of appreciation. Unfortunately, most of us buzz through life on adrenaline overload, not stopping until we're "supposed" to at bedtime.

As for me, it's about 98 degrees here today and I.....well, I'm sweltering. (Remember, we're 4 season here and the coldest one of those can last about 6 months out of the year which makes it tougher to acclimate when our summer finally arrives.) :-)

But I'm thankful even with the high heat and humidity. Why? Easy. I'm here with my feet up doing part of my workday from my laptop. I'm in a pair of shorts and said feet are bare. There are birds chirping outside my window and I have full ability to get up any time I choose and go make that tall glass of iced tea I've been craving.

I could just as easily be cussing because the humidity is horrendous, but nope......I'm not going there. I'm appreciating this moment of warmth. I'm feeling an attitude of gratitude for the fact that my heating system isn't on and running up a bill. I'm thankful that I have this ability to be able to do part of my work from the comfort of my own home. I am blessed to have legs that move me to make that iced tea.

So tell me...... how's YOUR attitude of gratitude today?
:-)

2 comments:

  1. Shirley, the only thing that would sound better in the "picture you're painting" would be if someone else would go in and fetch the already made iced tea so you could sit for a little longer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol.....ok, I would have to agree with that !

    ReplyDelete