Monday, June 21, 2010

What About Me?

I've been asked a number of times what I do as a natural health care practitioner, to relax myself. Many people might think massage and other types of bodywork are the number one things on my list of things to do. I will say they are "up" on the list, of course. :-) Massage and bodywork have numerous benefits including relaxation and improving overall health and wellbeing, but there are a number of ways that I can use to take care of me. These are just a few of my favorites:
  • Walking
  • Breathing exercises 
  • Meditation
  • Reading
  • Appreciate as much as possible - even the simplest thing
  • Driving
  • Motorcycle riding
  • Petting my cat, Lucky
 You'll notice these activities are mostly free and readily available. I find it's good to have a ready-made list to help me to access that relaxing point which I might not otherwise get to when I'm feeling stressed and overwhelmed.

I urge you to make your own list today. Discover what helps make YOU feel relaxed and gives you that break that you may need, or need without knowing you need it. :-)

Oh, and........ I love coloring mandalas like the one you see below!

1 comment:

  1. Walking does it for me. Just taking off and going on a good long, brisk walk.

    ReplyDelete